Saturday, August 1, 2009

~There's No Place Like Home~

Had a very busy but FUN time in VA. Met a couple of AMAZING girls, and so glad that I will have some people to 'vent' to who will understand what I am going through. Thanks to everyone who were able to come to Brian's graduation! I am so happy that I was able to see my Grams & Gramps, Aunt Elaine, Aunt Cindy and Mike & Kim! We had a WONDERFUL time at dinner on Friday night (Thanks, AE & AC!)

Saturday, we enjoyed lunch with Mike & Kim, and then headed over to the Marine Corps Museum. All I can say is....AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to go back. It is huge, and they are adding to it!

Sunday, we headed to DC with two other couples. We saw the Lincoln Memorial, the Wall, etc., and then headed over to the Holocaust Museum. Had lunch in DC and then headed back to VA.

All week, I was busy with classes and getting TONS of information about our new home. I got to have dinner with two of my girlfriends from 3rd Tracks who are both stationed there now. It was so nice to catch up. Funny how you don't realize how much time flies until you see them with their little ones and the little ones are now "big" ones!

Yesterday, Brian and I got to the airport at 6:30ish. We had gotten up at 4:00am EST. Got home around noon, and then jumped in the car and headed out to get the kiddos and Charley. It made for a LONG day!

Well, now we are home and need to prepare for our move. Let the good times roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment