Monday, January 11, 2010

So Long, 2009

Time sure flies when you're having fun...or busy. We celebrated our first Christmas away from home, and we did OK. Although, I have to say I miss my Southern California weather. Wait...have I said that before in a prior post? Because, for some reason that is sounding like a broken record. Maybe it is just because I say it to myself over and over and over, day in and day out. Who knows, either way, we enjoyed the Holidays here in Milan. We spent Christmas Even with a close group of friends and then Christmas Day was spent here at home. I made a Turkey, Ham, Tamales, and all the fixings. We had a WONDERFUL time. The friends and food really helped keep my mind off of being away from all of my loved ones.

We rang in the New Year here as well. It sure was different without seeing the "ball drop", but we made it happen. We enjoyed watching fireworks and toasting and the next day I particularly enjoyed that the Rose Parade wasn't on at zero dark thirty, but was actually on live at 5:00pm! I could definitely get used to that! We headed out to Austria on the 2nd and spent an entire week skiing and snowboarding. We enjoyed delicious food, met some amazing people, took in some beautiful scenery and just enjoyed the country. (More in a different blog later.)

Hope all of you enjoyed your holidays and new year. I must get better at writing. Maybe I can make that a resolution. I will write at least once a week...What's your New Year's Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment