Friday, November 6, 2009

Ft. Hood

I didn't post this originally, it has been sitting in my posts as a "draft"... Instead of deleting it, I am going to post it. It's just my feelings on the tragedy at Ft. Hood.

Well, I woke up to the most disturbing, horrible news anyone could wake up to. And, even though I don't know anyone personally affected by this "tragedy" I find that every time I think about it a lump forms in my throat and tears come to my eyes. The tears are for sadness, anger and pride. Sadness because there were innocent lives lost and many others injured. Anger because this monster was just moved from one location to another instead of being "dealt with". And pride because the people that died and were injured are heroes! They were people who either already have gone to war and were returning or were preparing to deploy. These were people who made it possible for this Monster to do what he did. To be able to be in the U.S. Army. We should NOT have to worry about terrorists on our own soil on our own bases here in the UNITED STATES!

In my opinion, the Monster should have been dealt with when he received a poor review and was moved from Walter Reed to Ft. Hood. I'd like to know the reasoning behind that. I'd like to know why the lives of the Soldiers at Ft. Hood weren't as important as those at Walter Reed. I'd like to know why, when this monster was investigated 6 months ago because of internet postings, etc., he was not relieved from duty. My heart aches for those that were killed and injured and for the families. To say I'm angry is an understatement. WHY would they even think that it is okay to send someone who has already been "on the radar" overseas? Oh, let me guess, they probably didn't want to ruin his career. Well, now there are 12 careers that will never happen and who knows about the 31 victims. In my opinion, they need to put this Monster in a Military Prison general population, I can guarantee he won't make it out. And you know the sad part, he is probably in a military hospital and these Soldiers are having to take care of him. Isn't that a slap in the face? He just kills and injures their "brothers & sisters" and now they have to care for this Monster. What a joke!

I remember in late 2001/early 2002, my girlfriend who lived on base, lived next door to a woman who said that she felt sorry for Osama & Sadaam. That we (as a nation) deserved 9/11 and that we should wait and see her wrath. Well, needless to say, OF COURSE it was reported and the FBI was soon interviewing everyone. She was forced to move off of base and her husband was forced into leaving the military...immediately. Now, WHY was this not done to this Monster?

Well, I'm done ranting. Am I still angry? You bet! Am I still sad? Of course. Am I still Proud? More than ever! I am proud to be an American!

Ft. Hood~You will be in our thoughts and prayers today and for many days to come. You will heal from this tragedy and the monster responsible will be held accountable. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment