Wow! It's been a while since I've posted. It's been a busy couple of weeks, that's for sure.
We had our first visitor in Italy!!! Papa Mike came for a quick visit. The picture below is from dinner on his last night here. The visit was FABULOUS! We are so lucky to be in a place where people actually do want to come visit!

What was also nice was that his visit just happened to coincide with the Ball. He graciously offered to spend the evening with the kiddos so Brian and I could go celebrate. We had a fantastic evening of dinner, dancing and friends. We danced until they "kicked us out" and then headed to a local bar for a VERY small "after party". I was sad that I was away from my 3rd Tracks family, but very thankful for the friends that I have made here.
After Papa Mike, (Nono - "Grandfather in Italian), left we had a few days and then it was off to go Truffle Hunting. Of course, I hear the word truffle and think CHOCOLATE!!! Who would've thought truffles would be mushrooms (funghi). What a WONDERFUL experience!!! Our 3rd generation Trifulau (truffle hunter) and his dog, (Lady) Diana took us into the woods in Piemonte. Here is the website for La Casa del Trifalau: http://www.webalice.it/natale.romagnolo/Visita/Visita_eng.htm
Since Truffle hunting, we have been busy, busy, busy! On Monday, we had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner sponsored by the Consulate for the entire consulate community. Then, on Wednesday we had Thanksgiving lunch with the kids at their school (yes, as a matter of fact, Brian and I DID have 2 lunches) and finally yesterday we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with new friends.
I do have to say that I have much to be Thankful for. It's certainly has been an adjustment period, and I do find myself getting a little homesick at times, but I must remind myself that although we are far away from home, we are together as a family. Brian will not be getting deployed and there is always a phone and luckily internet to keep me connected with our friends and family back home. I really missed not being able to shop on Black Friday, but I will have many more opportunities to do that. I am thankful that my family is all together, we are all healthy, and we are making amazing friends here in our new home.
I know I say this every time I post, but I will TRY to be better at posting to this...it's not like I have much to do...LOL!




No comments:
Post a Comment