Sunday, December 6, 2009
Ciao, from chilly Milan!
Milan is getting quite chilly. At least for me it is. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...this California girl misses her flip flop winters! I have never seen so much rain, except maybe in High School when we got rained in at school (on my birthday) and Sheri Lineberry's mom had to pick us up because they wouldn't let any of us leave. The difference is that here it will rain for a day or two, clear up for a day or so and then rain again. When it rains in CA, it rains for DAYS and doesn't give us a break. Oh well, I guess for the first time in my life, I am experiencing all four seasons. The trees are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the changing colors and love walking through the crunching leaves. It's nice because even though it's cold and wet, there are still people all over. The parks are still full with people just taking a stroll. The parks here are amazingly beautiful. There are dog parks inside the parks and there are families everywhere. I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable here and am attempting to use my Italian more and more. If I could just figure out the verbs I think I could kick some ass. Unfortunately, for me, I can't get the verbs straight, and when I say that, I mean I can't remember how to say them (the meanings). I do find myself saying, "Come se dice" (How do you say?) a million times a day, but it's OK. Most of the people I meet are very helpful and seem to enjoy helping an expat. (I think that's what they call us.) Well, off to take the kids to Oh, Bej! Oh, Bej! I'll tell you all about it when we get back. So, look forward to another post! Two in one day, you are some lucky folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment