Tuesday, December 8, 2009
My Baby Girl is 10!
10 years ago today, my life changed forever. My precious baby girl came into my life and nothing has been the same since. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. The saying, "You never know how much love your heart can hold until somebody calls you Mom" never rang more true. I remember when Kyleigh was 2, she would walk around everywhere wearing those silly plastic dress up shoes. I think she had twenty pairs. We would walk through the grocery store and all you could here was the CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! of her walking down the aisles. How annoying everyone probably thought that was. However, I absolutely loved the sound of it. I remember when she first climbed out of her crib, all of a sudden, Brian and I hear knocking on her bedroom door. For the next few nights, we hid out to figure out how in the heck she got out. She could get out of her crib, but couldn't reach the doorknob. That's my daredevil! Then, when she became a big sister. (Big is obviously figuratively speaking since our little guy was 9lbs. 4oz.) She was so good to him. Always cuddling and helping Mommy and Great-Grandma get his diapers and blankets. She sure loved that little guy. Even now, although they have their moments, she is the best "big" sister! I remember when she had her tonsils out in 2004. What a scary time for a mom. I remember them wheeling my baby girl back to surgery. Although it's a common surgery, it's not everyday that someone takes your baby and puts them to "sleep" and you wait in a waiting room. Brian was in school and couldn't be there. Thank goodness my Dad and my Aunt were there. When they finished and called me back she was already waking up. That was the scariest time. She kept yelling that she wanted her Mommy. But, I was right there! I will never forget how scared I was. Then, that same year my baby went to Preschool. Again, my Dad was there to see her off. I sure have been lucky to have him around. We've pretty much breezed through everything else. She is in 4th grade now, we are here in Italy. She has adjusted phenomenally. I am the luckiest Mommy in the world. I am so happy that Kyleigh has always been described by here teachers as the one that "seeks out the other children". If she sees kids playing by themselves, she will try to get them to play with her and her friends. If a "new" kid comes into her class, she will engage with them immediately. She is so helpful (when she wants to be), so loving (when she wants to be), always caring, and forever my baby girl. I am so lucky that she is mine! I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring. I'm sure it won't be as "fun" as the first 10 years, with her being a teenager and everything, but I am looking forward to every single moment of it. I can't wait to guide her through the next 10 years and see all the amazing things she has in store for her. I LOVE YOU, KYLEIGH MAY! You are my Sunshine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment