Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Arrivederci, Venezia!

The Family in front of Gondolas
Took our last trip to Venice yesterday.  What a sad day!!!  It was a rainy day and I was kind of hoping to experience Acqua Alta, but, no such luck.  But, even without that, I found the city absolutely stunning!  Sure, it was grey and a little rainy, but nonetheless, amazing.  All day the kids were walking on these "tables".  I kept telling them to get down, we don't do that.  I mean, these tables are set up EVERYWHERE!  Well, now, I realize they aren't tables, per say, but actual "stands".  People use these to stand on so they are not wading in Acqua Alta.  Who knew!  

We had a fabulous lunch of Gnocchi, Melanzane alla Parmigiana, Margherita Pizza and Zuppa di Minestrone. Oh, how I will miss the food from this beautiful country, but, I promise you, we will be back.

I thought I'd leave you with a couple of pictures from our beautiful day.  Enjoy!!!



Brian, Kyleigh & Christopher standing on the steps
of one of the Canals.

Daddy being silly...

Mommy and Kyleigh 

The "tables" the kids kept standing on.  

A beautiful view down one of the Canals.

Another view of the Canal

Gondolas 




No comments:

Post a Comment