We saw people celebrating at Ground Zero and at the White House. People were rejoicing at the news.
Now, there are questions being raised about how we, as Americans, can be celebrating and rejoicing in another mans death.
Many people think that the crowds at Ground Zero and The White House were celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden. But, I don't think that's what the celebration is at all. I think most people were just celebrating the fact the man was caught (it just happened to be that he was killed.) I would have loved to have been in Washington DC, or New York celebrating. Not because a man died, but because he was no longer able to hurt another human being. I would have celebrated and rejoiced even if he was captured. And, I think that a lot of people, that's what the celebration was about.
Now, I'm not naive to the fact that there are probably plans made for someone to step into his place. I am sure we will be seeing some type of retaliation, but right now, in this moment, we should be allowed to celebrate and rejoice in the fact that he is no longer around to hurt anyone. And, we should be allowed to be happy that the mastermind behind our countries worst nightmare is not able to hurt another person. It just so happens that the man was killed. I trust our military and their commanders and if he was killed, it's probably what had to happen. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.
In the back of my mind, I keep
So, you see, I'm not happy he died, but I am happy that he is not able to hurt anyone. I would be just as happy if we had been able to capture him.




Well said, Kristin! I think there has been way too much attention given to the idea that people are celebrating a death versus celebrating a victory over evil. And I love what you point out about a lack of replacement for Hitler. I never thought of that.
ReplyDelete