Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm Back. And sharing some *odd* and *awesome* things about Mexico

OK, so I'm not sure why I took over a month off from writing on this blog.  I mean, a lot has happened.  We had our first visitors, Kyleigh's PYP exhibition, Memorial Day Ceremony at the American Cemetary here, Ky spent a day in 6th grade, I went to a sixth-grade orientation, Ky had a musical performance, which she ROCKED, and I got lost going to an appointment that was 10 mins away from my house.  Well, I drove for 2 hours (DAMN GPS).  So, I guess I will start writing soon.  Stay tuned.  For now, I think I am going to share a few odd "things" about Mexico.


  • Sitting at a stop light and there is a guy walking in between the cars selling newspapers (not too odd), but on the cover is a dead body.  NO JOKE blood and all.
  • I think I've mentioned this before, but the Glorietas (round abouts) freak me out.  I close my eyes when we go through them.  I might even close my eyes when I'm driving through them...I'll never tell.
  • The use of hazard lights on the car.  Can't figure it out.  Hazard lights to turn, hazard lights to follow, hazard lights to back up, ALWAYS hazard lights.
Now, I'm going to share some of the awesomeness that is Mexico.

  • The food.
  • My kiddos (& our) exposure to a culture IN their country.  
  • My kiddos will walk up to any other child and try to communicate with them in Spanish.  NO FEAR!
  • The friends I am making.
  • I have learned to accept California traffic and just "go with the flow".  Even the 91 freeway has nothing on Mexico City.
Well, these are just a few random things that I love/hate about my new home.  Stay tuned for blog posts about all of the excitement that has gone on this last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment