So, let's start back in October. Maybe I can find SOMETHING to blog about from then. I will just use my pictures as a writing prompt. OH! October!!!! I remember now. I got to spend 4 LOVELY days in California. It was AMAZING! It was so nice not being surrounded by buildings, it was almost euphoric being able to breathe the clean air and see the views of the Pacific Ocean. Oh, California how I love thee!
I spent some time with my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Scott & Cousin Casey. I had lunch with Aunt Nancy and did some quick shopping. She actually found my ball gown! I went "grape stomping" with some of my BFF's in the whole wide world. I have to say, my trip home was MUCH needed. I don't know if I have written about this before, but Mexico City is a VERY difficult city to live in. I will just leave it at that.
![]() |
| Me & Izzy |
![]() |
| Chris, Me & Lola |
![]() |
| Our group (minus Izzy) |
Even if I am not very fond of Mexico City, I am EXTREMELY fond of the people this city has brought into my life. In October, we went to Puebla for the night, went hiking in a local reserve, and to celebrate Halloween, we went to a local cemetary to celebrate Dia de los Muertos. Yeah, we do have some fun here. We even take pictures to capture our adventures. (All shared below.)
Hiking with friends in Desierto de los Leones
| Brian, Jorge & Eddie |
| Yes, we do take wine on our hikes. |
| Our group - the friends that Mexico brought together. |
24 hours in Puebla:
| Rainbow on our way to Puebla |
Of course, Halloween on this program just isn't the same without a party at the Marine House. Boy did we have loads of fun. The Marines had a haunted house for all fo the kids and then later on, they had a party for all of the adults...of course, some kids stayed and partied like rock stars.
Halloween at the Marine House:
![]() |
| Beauty & The Beast aka Kyleigh and Brian |
| Bigfoot (yes, the a lot of the kids still call him Bigfoot) |
| Pirate Andrea |
| Curtis as Spartacus |
| Cedeno as a Joker |
| The group that was left at the end of the night. |
Halloween night we spent the evening at some friends house and after trick-or-treating was said and done, we decided to celebrate Dia de los Muertos Mexican style. We packed up the kids and headed to the cemetary. Unfortuantely, we just missed the band that was playing, but we did get to walk through and take some amazing pictures. This was defintiely an experience
Dia de los Muertos:
So, that was October in a nutshell. Maybe if I can jump on this blogging bandwagon again, I can get a November post in here very soon.








Yay for you and for a fun-filled October! LOVE the Dia de los Muertos pics. What an amazing experience it must have been for you all. :)
ReplyDelete