Thursday, September 6, 2012

We're HOME!

Well, The Macy Family has returned to California!!!

Kids came back to CA in June.  They couldn't hang around and wait for Mom & Dad, so on June 12th, while Brian was in Cabo San Lucas working the G20, my sweet friend Andrea drove the three of us to Benito Juarez Airport.  (I had a tendency to get lost every single time I drove to the airport, so it was for the best.)  We shipped them off with just a few tears (from Mom & Andrea) and no tears from the kids.  They couldn't wait to get back to Aunt Debbie and to being kids.  They had a summer visiting cousins and friends and being KIDS!  Which is something very difficult to do in Mexico.  No lemonade stands, so riding bikes and scooters, no walking up the street to see if a friend can play.  So, they deserved to be home.

Leaving Mexico was bittersweet.  It wasn't hard to leave Mexico City itself, but we left some amazing people.  Our family was so lucky to make friends with people that we will keep in touch with forever.  We are already planning trips!  It's hard to explain how difficult it was to live in Mexico City unless you have been there.  My Dad learned real quick why we were counting down the months to get back to the US.  If it weren't for our super close knit group of friends and some awesome co-workers, Mexico would have been horrible.

But, on to some exciting news!  Kids have started school!!!

Hard to believe that when we left California back in August of 2009, Kyleigh had just finished 3rd grade.  Now, she is in 7th!!!  I still can't believe I have a Middle Schooler (even if she is starting her 2nd year of middle school, I still can't believe it.)  She is kicking some serious butt, too!  She just got 100% on her first two math quizzes.  She is making friends - she never has been my shy one.  She is excited about starting horseback riding lessons and she has mentioned that she might be interested in checking out some swimming clubs.  We'll see what we find that she might be interested in.

Christopher had just finished Kindergarten when we left for Italy.  KINDERGARTEN!  Now, I have a 4th grader.  I remember 4th grade like it was yesterday - now, my BABY is in 4th grade.  It has done my heart good to hear him come home from school happy again.  Many of you know how hard the last six months in Mexico were for him - and for me.  It took everything in my power to get him to June.  School was neither a happy or a safe place for him.  Now, he is doing GREAT!  He is happy again.  He comes home from school smiling.  He is playing football (tackle!) and he is LOVING it.  He checks every day for new bruises.  LOL

Maybe the next post, I'll be a little more prepared and have some pictures to put up.  I just figured I would sit down and write - something.  I have really been wanting to start blogging again.  It's been six months since my last post, and now with all of these good (& exciting) things happening, I want to share it!  We are excited to do all sorts of fun things that we did before we left like Bates Nut Farm...and other things we haven't done - ever - like San Francisco!

Keep an eye out for more blogging!  I'm hoping to AT LEAST get one a week in - maybe I can squeeze some time in and get a couple in some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment