I went to the kids school, via public transportation, in the rain. I had to take a subway, then a tram and finally a bus. It took an hour, but, another mom and I did it. On our way home, we found a Euro Store (dollar store) and a really yummy pizza place. Can't wait to take Brian and the kids. I signed Christopher and Kyleigh up for after school activities. Kyleigh also started playing the Violin. WOW...that is fun! I can't wait until she can play me a tune. I have to say, this school has been such a good change for the kids. They get to experience art, music, technology and Italian during school, and then after school they have "after school activities". Of course, we have to pay for the after school activities, but it's so worth it. Christopher is taking soccer and Ky is taking Gymnastics. She really wanted to take musical, but that is already full so we put her on the wait list. I have to say the school is worth the move. Even if we do get homesick and miss everybody and want to come home. They could not be getting a better education anywhere in the States.
And, I just have to say how happy I am for the Tait Family. They have been through so much the last 3-4 years, and I am so glad that Rachell followed her heart. Yesterday, they removed the Autism label off of Hunter. I'm so sad I am not home to celebrate with them. I am (& will always be) there in spirit, though. I can't wait for Brian to call so I can tell him. He is going to be so excited! It's hard when you have "professionals" telling you what is right/wrong for your kids. It's especially hard when those "professionals" are just looking for $$$ and a success story. But, I have to say that my bestie (& of course her hubby) rock! They are the true definition of people who do right for and by their children. They deserve this victory...and so does Hunter! Moral of the story: 2nd opinions are IMPORTANT!!!
Well, I am just so excited and I had to let it out. I've already let it out on Facebook and figured I would share it here too. I can't call anyone (no phone yet) and I'm waiting for Brian to call me, so until then, you guys (my readers) get to hear all about the exciting news. In fact, here is my FB "status":
IS SO HAPPY FOR THE TAIT FAMILY!!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT HUNTER! YOU ARE SUCH A STRONG LITTLE BOY AND HAVE SO MUCH TO PROVE IN THIS LIFE! WE ARE CELEBRATING ALL THE WAY IN ITALY FOR YOU!!! YOU ROCK! PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED
Ok, I'm done for now...




No comments:
Post a Comment