Monday, September 21, 2009

Let the "phone" times begin!!!!

Well, got our Vonage today! WOO HOO!!!! Too bad we don't have a phone that works with it. LOL We have a (very old) phone, but it has 4 wires inside the telephone cord and we need a phone that uses 2 wires. Who would've thought. So, hopefully we will have it soon. I can't wait to hear everyone's voices! I'll be sending out an e-mail with our new telephone number soon. I kept a 760 area code since that is where we have been for the last 9 years. I guess you could say it keeps me somewhat grounded to "home" or where my children have been raised. I know "home is where the marine corps sends you", but even those of us who are "marine gypsies" need to have roots, and, well...for now, that's where ours is. Who knows, someday, that may change, but for right now, thats just how it is.

The kids will be starting after school activities this week. Kyleigh will be taking gymnastics and Christopher will be taking soccer. So, they won't be getting home until after 6:00! YIKES!!! Luckily it is only one day a week.

I'm finally starting to figure out how to work my oven. Thank goodness!!! There is only so much stuff you can cook on the stove top. And, since I have a minimal amount of pots and pans (like 2) our choices are limited. I am going to attempt to make some chicken tonight, but with that being said, hopefully, it will be cooked.

Well, just thought I would put something here. I know it's not much and probably even a little boring, but something is better than nothing. Miss all of you so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment