I can definitely say that the weather here in Northern Italy is not what I am accustomed to. The days of flip flops in winter have come to a screeching halt. I sure miss Southern California weather. It is getting colder here by the day. We had an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day on Sunday. Perfect weather to be outside and enjoy the fresh air. Didn't need any jackets and in fact, we took the kids to the park and spent the late morning, early afternoon there. Little did I know that Sunday would be the last "warm" day. We woke up Monday to small amounts of rain, LOTS of wind, and COLD weather. We went out to buy Christopher a sweatshirt because for some reason (maybe because in CA you rarely need one) he doesn't have any. Well, good thing we did! It was COLD again today. Ok, now remember when I say COLD, anything below 70 degrees is cold to me! LOL But really, it is to the point where we are putting on sweatshirts and we've been looking for scarves, and heavier jackets before it's too late.
Christopher started boy scouts last Monday. He is really enjoying it. He is a "Tiger Cub" and there is only one other little boy who is his age. Brian has taken on the "pack leader" roll for these two. (I have no idea how boy scouts does it, so bear with me. I could be totally wrong. I know there is a den and a pack and I just don't know in what order.) Of course, if Brian is working or has something he can't get away from I will step in or another parent will. But I am really excited to see Christopher so interested in something. It makes for a late night considering he is usually in bed at 8 and that is what time it ends. He'll get used to it though...we all will. OH! And the biggest news yet...Buddy should be losing his 2nd tooth ANY DAY!!! I will post a picture when that happens!
Kyleigh will be starting Girl Scouts next week. At some point this year, her Girl Scout troop goes camping in Switzerland at the girl scout chalet! Lucky girl! Who would've thought that at 10 years old, she would be travelling to Switzerland, or for that matter...who would've thought we'd be in Italy! She is taking gymnastics one day a week and is doing good in school. We finally found something that she enjoys reading. She LOVES comic books! She must get that from her Uncle Scott...because, I am definitely not a comic book reader.
OH! And, I have the funniest thing I have to share. Picture this: Kyleigh, Christopher and I on the bus. We are driving past this intersection and there are about 10-15 men dressed in long brown robes. Of course, most children, especially a 9 year old, would know that they were Monks. Well, my 9 year old yells out, "Look at the Jedi's!!!" Well, of course, that got Christopher EXTREMELY excited. I tried explaining to them that they are Monk's and work at the Church, etc. etc. Well, my son (who is 6 mind you) emphatically insists that these men are Jedi's. So, every time we pass by one, he makes it a point to show me this Jedi and then proceeds to have a conversation about where is light saber is. I think it is adorable, my 9 year old and 6 year old walking around Italy thinking we live by Jedi's, but I'm sure some (if not most) of the locals don't find it funny.
Not much else to report on. Brian is staying busy at work. I'm staying busy with...whatever it is I stay busy with. I am still taking Italian classes twice a week and I am starting a Yoga class this week. We are going to get our first visitor next month...SO EXCITED!!!! And then in the Spring we already have some visitors with plane tickets! I can't wait to show everyone around our new home. It's a beautiful country with so much to see and do. Hopefully by the Spring, I will be fluent in Italian (yeah right!) LOL
Here are some pictures I thought you all might enjoy!
(Mom forgot the camera the 1st time.)
bus! In fact, on this trip, the bus broke down
& we had to get off, run across a street because
we were stopped in an intersection making a
left turn. We had to run back to the last bus
stop and start our trip again! FUN TIMES!
And, where is Brian when all this happens???
10/1/09




No comments:
Post a Comment