Well, I am here in London waiting for my flight to head back to Italy. I will be going back without my babies, which is so _____________. I am so lucky that we have family and friends who genuinely, truly, love my babies unconditionally as much as Brian and I do. Where would we be without all of you on our “team”?
Starting our trip was quite the adventure, that’s for sure. First of all, the kids and I jumped on the plane heading to Malpensa. For some reason, I decided to check to make sure I had our boarding passes and passports. Guess what I forgot…passports! How in the world do I do something like that? I mean of all things I could have left the boarding passes (I could always get those again), but passports! Anyways, Brian to the rescue! He jumped on the train and brought them out to us…I love you, Honey! We finally get to check in and the agent informs us that our flight has been delayed by an hour. I had this genius idea to get the kids on a later flight so that they would be a LITTLE more tired for the long flight. Well, that seemed to work against us. We head up to the “departure area” because, well, what else are we gonna do? I decided to relax with a couple of beers and play games with the kids. We play a few (ten) games of Mastermind and head over to the gate, only to find out that our flight was delayed ANOTHER hour. So, instead of getting in at 11:35, we were now scheduled to leave at 11:35. GREAT! Two EXHAUSTED kids, a very tired Mommy, and an airport, is more fun than any person can imagine. We (finally) boarded our flight to London and took off just after midnight…kids were asleep before we even left the runway…poor babies. We got into London just after 2:00am and walked…and walked…and walked, to the luggage area. Our luggage was waiting and we grabbed that and went out to grab a cab. It was FREEZING! We get outside and I am digging the one sweatshirt that Christopher had out of the suitcase and huddling with the littles to keep us all warm. (Mom didn’t bring a sweatshirt.) Anyways,




No comments:
Post a Comment