I wrote this blog while I was waiting in London to head back to Milan. I never finished it, but thought I'd share it:
Said “Good-Bye” to my babies this morning, which was MUCH harder than I thought it was going to be. I knew I would be sad, but I thought for sure I would hold it together until they got on the plane. Well, those plans flew out the window when I was informed that I was not going to be able to take my babies to the gate, and I had to say Good-Bye to them at Security! American Airlines is lucky they didn’t have a Mom faint right there at the ticket counter. I thought for sure I was going to lose it. I held it together for most of the time. At one point, I looked at the lady and she must have seen the fear in my face because she asked me if I was OK. I looked at her, and said, “I didn’t realize that I wasn’t going to be able to take my babies back to the gate.” And with that, tears started. Next thing I know, Ky is looking at me, not knowing what to do and Christopher is telling me that if I don’t stop crying he is going to start crying. I pull myself together and continue getting my babies checked in. An agent comes and picks them up from the counter and next thing I know they are going through security with Kyleigh in tears and Christopher not having any idea what to do! My poor babies!!! The only thing that made everything okay was I knew who was waiting for them on the other side. I knew that the second they touched down (and all the craziness wore off), my phone would ring and on the other end would be my babies and I would get to tell them how much I love them and how much I miss them and hear the excitement in their voices because they get to be “home”. It’s 5:00pm here in London, 6:00pm in Italy and 8:00am in California. In just a few short hours, my babies will be in California…I wish I could see the smiles on their faces when they land. How exciting for them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment