Today, I was reading one of the blogs that I follow Small Bits, the author, who just happens to be associated with Mexico (just not where we are) gave some links to read about the earthquake in New Zealand, from a first hand account. You can read about it here and here.
Being from Southern California, you'd think I would be used to earthquakes. I remember so many major earthquakes of my childhood. The Whittier Narrows earthquake in 1987, the Northridge earthquake in 1994, the Big Bear earthquake in 1992 and the Landers Earthquake in 1992. I don't think you ever get used to earthquakes. Especially the devastation they cause.
Anyways, I just wanted to share this story from a Foreign Service perspective. So, take some time to read about it. Thankfully, these two are OK, but, I'll be thinking about the country of New Zealand and her people.




I'm from Southern California, too, and you're right: you never can get used to earthquakes. Scary!
ReplyDelete