Sunday, February 27, 2011

Three Things to Ask:

Before you say anything to anyone, ask yourself three questions: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? ~ The Buddha.


Sometimes we want to say things that aren't very kind.  


I am having one of those days right now, and it is taking some self control not to "be ugly" back to people.  I am doing my best by thinking, saying and doing positive things.  I am trying to remember that sometimes it's OK to just ignore and not be hateful or ugly.  


I learned a few years ago that some people enjoy drama and they must have it in their life just to survive. I chose to let that part of my life go, yes, with the help of a therapist.  Luckily, she taught me that we can't control other people or their actions or reactions.  She taught me not to give into it and that the people who were important in my life and effected my life directly were my husband and my children.  I have to say...I'm pretty damn lucky in that department.


So, this quote from The Buddha is meant for me to contemplate.  This is meant for me to always go back to when I want to respond to someones negativity or I feel like I want to be hateful.


That Buddha, he's got it goin' on!  He is on the right path to calm and enlightenment.  Wouldn't it be nice if we were all so lucky?  I have to say, I am kinda diggin' his theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment