Saturday, February 26, 2011

Two Months in Mexico

Today is our "Mexican Anniversary".  We've been here two months and I am loving every single second of it so far.  The people I've met have been so beyond nice.  The food is amazing.   I could go on and on.
I never thought that I would fall in love with Mexico the way I have (although Italy will always be my 2nd home).
I never saw myself as one to enjoy living "overseas".  But, I can honestly say, even with the nightmare of a shipment we've had with our stuff and the "dangers" that come with living here, that I could possibly do this.  I understand why people choose to become part of the Foreign Service.  Learning about new cultures and their history is something that I could never even have thought I would enjoy.  This experience, has opened my eyes to so much.  Going to visit someplace is completely different than living there and immersing yourself in their culture.
I am so very humbled and so grateful that Brian followed his dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment