WOW! September is here. Last year at this time, I didn't think I would ever make it here a year. And, look at me now...I'm a champ. Kind of getting a little sad to prepare to leave this place I call home. But, I know that our next place will become home as well. Before I know it, this adventure is going to be a distant memory. Kind of makes me sad to think about it.
On another note... My little ones started school yesterday! Can you believe it? I now officially have a 2nd & 5th grader. OMGoodness! I can't believe it. We went to their school on Tuesday to meet their teachers. WE ARE SO LUCKY! Christopher's teacher is AWESOME! She is new to the school this year and is young and I'm sure is going to be perfect for a class of active 7 & 8 year olds! Kyleigh's teacher has been at the school for a few years. She is going to be perfect for Kyleigh. She is exciting and loves art and a lot of her teaching is "project based". This will be perfect as we all know Ky enjoys being creative. Funny, but Christopher is always drawing and making "sculptures" out of paper these days. This from the boy who thought "coloring was for girls", who didn't like to cut, glue and all that jazz. Their art teacher Miss Jenna has really given them both a love and appreciation of art.
Getting off to school yesterday, was an adventure in itself. Those of you that are on my Facebook, know what I mean. To start the year off with a bang, we missed the bus...literally! I thought it was coming at 8:10am still and well, they changed it to 8:00am. So, we got there at 8:00am and it was gone. Yep, no Mother-of-the-Year award for me. Well, it didn't help that we waited at the bus stop until 8:40am when I finally decided to drive the kids to school. I was so upset. Well, the kiddos made it to school only about 30-45 minutes late. Hey...at least they made it. If it wasn't the first day of school, they would've stayed home. Just sayin'...
Pick up was flawless! Thank Goodness!
Other than that, I have so many blogs going right now in the "draft" version. I should really get them done. I also have so many things running around in my mind. GEEZ! And, after the last two days, I really wish I would've started a blog that was titled, "Only in Italy".
Yesterday, walking home from the bus stop (after missing the bus), we all watched a lady back out of her parking space and hit a car stopped at a stop light. They got out of the car, rubbed their bumpers where the scratches and dents were and shook their heads and got back in their cars and drove away. Really? But, that's what it's like ALL.THE.TIME. There will be an accident, the Italians get out of their car, either yell a little bit or shake their heads, then get back in their cars and drive away. It's the strangest thing.
Today, when I was walking home from the bus stop after dropping off my babies...by the way, we were early for the bust today...I was walking home and their is a lady walking down the street with her white dog and a parrot on her arm. I mean, just taking a morning stroll. And, the white dog and big, bright, hot pink lip marks in the middle of it's forehead. It was a sight to see. I swear, I wish I had a camera attached to my forehead so I could snap the pictures I see. It's always interesting.
I started school on Tuesday as well. UGH! Back to the grind. So, it looks like it will be homework and work for me today. I might need a little nap though, this 6:30 wake up is not agreeing with me. I am so NOT a morning person. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment