Thursday, October 28, 2010

What an experience!

Took my First Aid/CPR/AED training yesterday.  WOO HOO!!!!  I am now certified again.
It was a good day.  So much has changed since the first time I took it.  WOW!  

After a full day of training, had to head to the Doctor's...YUK!

***WARNING:  MAY CONTAIN WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION FOR SOME (like my Grandparents or my Dad...LOL)***

Now, with that FAIR warning...
Let me tell you about a visit to the Doc.
Not a GP or Family Physician, but the "Girl" Doc.
HOLY COW!!!  Interesting.

First, she ran out of robes and they don't use sheets.
Yep, for all of you who know about what happens in these appointments
Just imagine.

In a room, which is also her office
Undressing behind a make shift curtain, while having a conversation with my Doc.
Then laying on the bed for the most HATED.exam.EVER.
It was cold.
I mean, it's Autumn in Milano.
Anyways, I guess this is the norm in Europe.
In fact, a girlfriend said that the US is pretty much the only country she has been to that uses such devices of modesty.
Interesting.
Exam Over...THANK GOD!
I'm getting dressed...and still having a conversation with the Doc.
Go to pay, her office doesn't take credit cards...CRAP!
Off to find a Bancomat (ATM)
Found one...YES!  Servizio non opertivo (or something like that).
Searching for Bancomat #2, Found it...YES!  Sevizio non opertivo.
Off to search for Bancomat #3
Found it...YES!!!  AND, it works!!!
Third times a charm.
Hike back to the office, pay my tab and head off to figure out how to get home.
I mean, I'm in the metro dead zone.  But, I see some lots of trams and buses.
Figure out which tram takes me home and so I get my biglietto, and go wait for the tram.
"Tram 12 - arrivo 12 min".  I wait...and wait...and wait.
Finally, it's down to two mins and I'm watching for it.  Waiting.  I'm getting Colder by the minute.
After all it's Autumn in Milano.
Next thing I notice, is it's back up to 10 mins.
Forget it!  I decide to walk to the next stop because up ahead there were trams stopped on the tracks.
I can see up ahead and there are MORE trams so...hey...these boots are made for walkin'...right? (Although, I was wearing the most uncomfortable pair of tennis shoes I own!)
I walk up a little further and their are polizia, ATM (Public transportation people) servizio's, So....with that, I walk further, and guess what.  A bus had hit someone.  Thank goodness I wasn't there earlier, I mean I had JUST taken my first aid/CPR class.  (Not that I would have used it.  Italy doesn't have a Good Samaritan Law.)
So...I ended up walking home.  I have NO idea how far it was, but it took me 2 hours.  UGH!!!!

This weekend is Halloween!!!!  Looking forward to a Halloween Festival on Friday and Trick-or-Treating on Sunday.  Thank goodness there is no school/work on Monday!  ;)  We are going to need at least one day to recover.



No comments:

Post a Comment