Clue #4
A site around the corner from your last clue, step
back into the past into a former home of the
Aztecs. Although it's still being uncovered, you can
tell it was a MAJOR part of Aztec history.
When you arrive, find the ORANGE page in your
packet and follow the directions.
*********************
Here we are! We are at the Templo Mayor. Christopher enjoyed taking pictures for his project. This was really interesting to see something so old, but so "new" to actually visit. One of the best things about this program is that we have been able to see and experience history far beyond what we would ever be able to see and/or experience in the US. I wish I could pocket just a piece of the wonder and amazement when my little ones realize how old something is or what it was used for. Christopher sure enjoyed learning about "sacrifices" while we were at the Templo Mayor. He is such a boy!!! =) Enjoy these pictures (professionally taken by Christopher, age 7) of different parts of the ruins.
As we left the Templo Mayor, there are many people in traditional Aztec attire. Some were dancing:
Some were performing a healing ritual that we did not take pictures of because we didn't want to "intrude". But, you can read about it, by clicking here: Curanderismo. Even just standing there and watching, it was almost as if we were "invading". However, it was a beautiful, albeit strange, thing to see there in the open surrounded by hundreds of people.




So much fun! Like I said, I LOVE this assignment. :) I think I remember studying about that place in Mr. Walker's class. Do you remember that too? :)
ReplyDelete