He was chosen to be "Star of the Week" in his classroom.
He was quite excited because you only get chosen as Star of the Week if
~you are trying your hardest in class.
~you are paying attention in class.
~you are being a good friend to your classmates.
~you are finishing all your work.
~basically, you are being "good".
He had to choose 12 pictures to take in and share with his friends.
And, he had to take in some of his most "favorite" things.
(Too bad they are still in TX waiting for the other half of the truck to "fill up"so our stuff can be brought down to us)
Luckily, he found some things that are quite important to a 2nd grader; especially if he has to take some things into share and doesn't have much to choose from.
I suppose I should have checked his bag about what was important to him and what his "favorite" things were, because when he got home, I realized he took:
~a plastic spinning top
~a whoopee cushion
~a hot wheel Lamborghini (there may have been more than one in there, but I'll never know)
~his iPod Touch
~a Santa hat.
~and other random favorite things.
The only thing I knew about in that bag was his iPod because it's a rule that he never, never takes that to school and had to have special permission from me to do so. (I love how 8 year olds still follow rules.)
I thought I'd share his pictures with you. We almost forgot about printing pictures out and had to go through our pictures and then run over to OfficeMax and print them out. Mom & Dad saved the day and he was already to head off to school with all of his favorite things, his pictures and it was all in his special "Star of the Week" bag he gets to use as a backpack.
| Jungle Raiders Park~Lake Como, Italy~April 2010 |
| PreSchool Graduation - June 2008 |
| Snowboarding in Tirol Austria~January 2010 |
| A Boy & his Best Friend~Tirol, Austria~January 2010 |
| Pisa, Italy~April 2010 |
| Zip Lining at Lake Como~April 2010 |
| Family of Turtles at The Aquarium in Parco Sempione |
| Paddle Boats in Hyde Park~London, England~August 2010 |
| The Bird Whisperer~Hyde Park~London, England~August 2010 |
| Venice, Italy~November 2010 |
| The Coloseum~Rome, Italy~November 2010 |
| California Adventure~Tron Characters~ December 2010 |




Very good Christopher! We're very proud of you and your title for the week.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing round-up of adventures in your son's pictures! I know I shouldn't wish away any stage in my son's life but I can't wait till he gets to that age! (3.5 is kicking my parenting rear!)
ReplyDelete(and I emailed you a bit back-not sure if you got it! If you didn't, try email me at heather (dot) d (dot) brooks (at) gmail (dot) com