EIGHT years old!!!
Eight years ago today, we were living in Oceanside
Daddy was deployed.
It was just our family of 3.
Brian's Sister (Thank goodness, since he came so fast)
and his Mother were there.
But, what made it memorable, is despite the sadness of not having my husband there,
I was surrounded by some of the BEST girlfriends I could ever ask for.
My delivery room was full of love and light and prayers and everything else you need
My girlfriends Joy, Amber, Brandi were there.
They cried with me when I had to send the Red Cross message to Brian.
They loved on him like he was their own.
They were there for me...more than I thought I needed.
But...today, my baby is EIGHT years old!!!
He is in 2nd grade.
He loves Basketball
and Soccer,
and Football,
and Video Games,
and Swimming,
and Snowboarding,
and Skateboarding,
and Nerf Gun Wars,
and hanging out with the Marines,
and his dog
and his family.
He came downstairs before he went to sleep last night and cuddled up next to me.
Told me he couldn't fall asleep because, he was going to be EIGHT tomorrow.
We cuddled for a minute and I asked if he thought he would wake up taller.
He kind of chuckled and said, "No."
I asked if he thought he'd feel different, he said, "No, I'll just feel 8."
I tucked him back in bed...for the third or fourth time.
He came back down and asked if he could measure himself on his bedroom wall
with a marker.
I said he could...but with a pencil. =)
I took him back up to bed and tucked him in...again.
He asked for butterfly kisses (like how Kyleigh used to do them)
and then for real butterfly kisses.
I know that far too soon, these days are going to be only memories.
He isn't going to want to cuddle with me
or give butterfly kisses,
or measure himself on the wall (unless he is at Aunt Debbie's & Uncle Scott's).
Soon he will be "too cool" for Mom and her kisses and cuddles.
So, for now I'll try to remember every one of these moments.
When I sat down to write this post, I was going to share how much my little guy has changed my life.
The beginning was rough (don't know what I would've done if my Grams - Buddy's GREAT Grandma - didn't stay with me for two months).
Buddy HATED the car.
Sleep was overrated.
I was going to share how many times he has made me laugh.
He says the funniest things.
And does the craziest things.
I've made many a phone calls to someone saying, "Can you believe he said this?"
Usually it's a dig or joke about me.
But, man...he's the BEST!
He makes me laugh
and cry
and want to pull my hair out at times.
But, he's mine...he chose ME to be his mommy.
And, I am the LUCKIEST Mommy alive!
Pictures of Christopher through the years:
2003
![]() |
| In the hospital with my bouquet/balloon from my videographer's husband (sent on behalf of Brian) |
![]() |
| A Sister's Love |
![]() |
| Brian in Iraq smoking a cigar celebrating the news of Christopher's birth. |
![]() |
| Brian & Christopher meeting for the first time (Granddaddy & Bis Sister in the background) |
2004
![]() |
| 1 year old |
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my FAVORITE EIGHT YEAR OLD!
I LOVE YOU!!!
"Mother's of little boys work from Son up til Son down"









he's a mini Brian.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Christopher!!!! You are one of the most amazing 8 year olds I have ever met! I hope you have the BESTEST day ever!!!
ReplyDeleteWe love you lots!!!!
Awesome to find someone blogging about MSG Duty as my husband has put his package in. It sounds like one hell of an adventure and I am anxious to start it.
ReplyDelete