They share all of the good and exciting things we get to do on this program.
You get to live vicariously through us and visit far off lands and experience places that some people will never get to see and do.
I think that is pretty nice.
When I was a child and wrote my "When I Grow Up" essays,
they NEVER said "live in Italy"
or eat Gelato,
or learn to ski in Austria.
They never said visit Rome
or Venice, Italy.
They never said go to London
or Paris.
My essays NEVER said "live in Mexico City"
or see Aztec Ruins,
or live abroad, for that matter.
They NEVER said immerse myself in other cultures.
But, I've done those things. And, without this program, I would have NEVER been able to.
But, some days, I have my bad days. Granted, they were more frequent in Italy (the first 3 months we were there).
But, I've done pretty good here. I haven't been "homesick" or "sad".
I've embraced everything about my new home.
But for some reason, last night...it hit me.
I don't necessarily think I am homesick per say
I'm just sad.
I miss my forever friends I made in Italy.
I miss my forever friends in California.
I miss my girlfriends (you know who you are).
I miss my family.
I miss my "normal" life.
(This program is anything but normal, but it is SO worth it...and I would stay on it forever if I could.)
But, although I am having my pity party, I know that by the time I leave here, I will have some more "forever friends".
So, I'll shed a few tears.
E-Mail *my* girls
And carry on with my life.
Tomorrow's post, I PROMISE, will be better...
Because, although I'm sad today,
I know that I'll be seeing my girls again.
And, we are all allowed to have one of *those* days.
"A road to a friend’s house is never long."




I was sent your link by a FS blogger in Mexico because she thought we might (soon!) have alot in common. Your post is poignant for me today so that I can remember to say a proper goodbye to my friends/family as I start this life. I would love to get in touch with you because I have a million questions about being military at an embassy :)
ReplyDeleteHeather~ E-mail me at macyx4@gmail.com. I will help in ANY way I can!
ReplyDeletewhen i said what i wanted to be when i grow up, it was be a chef. then my dad told me i would get fat. then it was to be an artist, and he said i would never make money. now, i don't care what he says and i just do what makes me happy. and thats all about being with my little family. me, b, and the animals.
ReplyDeleteits okay to have a sad post. :) it makes you thankful for the days when you're happy. you have to have rain to get a rainbow girl.. :)
found you through sits, hope you have a better day!
thestyleprojects.blogspot.com