Monday, August 2, 2010

Just another weekend in Milan...

Wow!  One word to describe our weekend...WOW!  Friday we enjoyed a Taco lunch at the Marine house.  I made salsa, that lasted all of about 20 minutes.  And, I made A LOT!  I enjoyed visiting with some people I don't get to see on a regular basis.  Afterwards, I walked with a girlfriend of mine home  and stopped at a couple of different places.  She tried on a beautiful dress, that unfortunately was too big.  Well, I guess that's good, but it was darn cute!  We stopped at a small shop near my house where the man makes his own purses, wallets, jewelry, etc.  I bought this...


I know...I know...Cute, huh?  Maybe I need a pair of shoes to match.

On Saturday, Brian headed over bright and early, well...9:30am, to help some friends work on their house. Zeno took Brian to a store called Castorama.  Brian was in HEAVEN!  I think they spent 4 hours in there.  Any of you who know my guy, know that every.single.Sunday he loads the kids up in the car, they usually stop at Starbucks, and then head into Lowes.  Not that he needs anything.  Most of the time, it's just to look.  While Brian was busy shopping with Zeno, I was s.l.o.w.l.y. making my way over to our friends house.  I was pretty excited to head out to "the farm" with Amanda.  In true Italian form, the Metro, aka Subway, was, well, weird. I waited for my train for at least 20 minutes.  When it finally did get here, there was not a soul on it, and it just kept going.  I finally called Amanda and told her what was going on, and she ended up coming to get me from the Metro Station.  We left from there and headed towards the farm.  Amanda has been going there for raw milk, free range eggs, fresh cheese, produce, etc.  It's a cute place.  I can't wait to go back.  Here are some pics:








The thing about this farm, is it's rather close to the city.  It's not a far drive at all.  They even do educational field trips, and we are hoping to get to take the kids there.

Well, to continue with our weekend, Amanda and I went back to their home.  We came upon A LOT of dust.  Brian was enjoying doing some "man work".




Amanda and I sat outside just chatting away and waiting for another couple to show up with their Princess in tow.  It was nice to sit outside, just us girls, and enjoy some girl talk.  I don't get that nearly often enough.  And, one thing that I don't think I've seen since I've been here in Milan are stars.  We were all sitting outside in Amanda & Zeno's yard and there were stars in the sky.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening.  Here is a picture of Amanda playing with Elea.  Elea is Nathan and Nora's 15 week, perfect little princess.



Yesterday, Brian and I decided to walk down a pretty major street her in Milan, Corso Buenos Aires.  We've been here for almost a year, and drive down that street every time we come home from the base, but have never walked down it.  It was nice.  Afterwards, we came home, ate some lunch, and Brian watched a movie while I napped a bit.  We took Charley to the park and then brought her home.  We decided to take advantage of the lack of people here in Milan and walked over to the Castello.  We were sitting at the fountain and noticed a long line forming.  We walked up there to see what it was and in my broken Italian, I asked what it was.  In the ladies broken English, she said it was an opera and asked if we would like to see it.  We went inside and watched the Opera.  What an experience.  Of course, I didn't have my camera.  UGH!  I didn't think I was going to need it.  Of course, I've learned you should never be caught off guard without a camera in Milan.  

Thank you, Amanda & Zeno, Nathan & Nora, and my Guy for such a wonderfully amazing weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment