Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year...A New Me!

OK, so it's 2011!!  Welcome to another year.  A year full of opportunities.
I have been following a blog, thanks to a dear soul, Candice McLean.
She introduced me to "One Little Word".
So, I've been thinking about "my" word.
The things I want to accomplish not only this year but forever.
The things that matter to me.
1.  Cooking more natural, locally grown foods.  (No matter where our home is.)
2.  Cleaning more naturally without chemicals and other things.  (Giving up my Clorox Clean-up is gonna be hard.)
3.  Declutter
4.  Not being judgmental.
5.  Just be a lover of life and my experiences.
You can read about the "one word" here, too.
It's funny, because I've been thinking about all of this for a few days now.  Ever since I read Candice's posts.  And, for the last two nights, the word "natural" has come to me.  However, I don't know if that is the word.  How long do I have to choose my word?  Looking at my list, I'm kind of all over the board.
So, I'll continue to search for my word.  I'll let you know when I find it or it finds me.  If you have suggestions for a word you think fits, let me know.  I'd LOVE to hear your suggestions.

Another thing I came across was the "MeYouHealthChallenge".  The other day, the challenge was to share 5 items off of your bucket list.  I don't have a bucket list written out, but will soon.  I have so many things on that list.  Things I've done and things I want to do.  But here are 5 that I think are pretty awesome!
1.  Visit an Ashram in India.
2.  Run a 1/2 marathon.
3.  See my country (Grand Canyon, Alamo, Carlsbad Caverns, New York, Boston, etc.)
4.  Learn to sew and photograph. (I know it's 2...shhh!  It's my list)
5.  Go to Carnivale in Venice, Italy.
Obviously, some are more easily achievable than others, but it is MY bucket list and I could put anything I want on there, right?

So, here is to 2011!!!  A New Year, A New Decade,  A New Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment