Hard to believe a year ago today we set out for an awesome ski adventure in the Alps. And, here I am writing a blog from my new home (we've been here a week) in Mexico City. I keep comparing my "adjustment phase" in Milan to my adjustment phase here and I just can't. I kick myself in the butt for being in such a culture shock state of mind when I arrived in Italy. I missed out on so much while I was being home sick.
A year ago today, we were heading to South Tirol, Austria to do some skiing and spend some much deserved vacation time with some friends. That was a trip of a lifetime. Who gets to say they learned to ski and snowboard in Alps??? I do! My kids do!
Here in Mexico City, it is by far a different world. When Brian came on this program, we always joked that we were going to end up in either Canada or Mexico. Of course, that was just because if it was going to happen, it would happen to two people who grew up in California and who have spent the last 10+ years in San Diego! And, guess where we are. Did I ever really think it would happen? No. There are so many other places for us to be. But, he was told to go here, so here we are. Not so bad, but definitely not Milan.
So far, I've enjoyed what little time I've spent here. I'm sure Brian is surprised at how I've adjusted. We'll see what happens when the kids start school. =)
Well, I'm trying to do more blogging than I have been lately. I mean, gosh, in December I think I might have done 1. And, here we are the 2nd of January, and I already have two posts! Keep checking back. At this rate, there will be a 3rd. Albeit, not interesting, but something is better than nothing.
Hasta Manana! (I really wish I knew how to put those little squiggly lines above the n.) ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Bienvenidos a su nueva casa!!!!
ReplyDelete